Tahoe 6/17/09 dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRL1973

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had a fun dive at sunrise on Wed.
Entered fromDL Bliss Calawee cove (frm pkng lot about 30yds of stairway followed by 30 yds of beach). Followed shoreline SE to Rubicon Point. Major drop off and huge boulders, very impressive and interesting. Came across a lake trout caught on hook and line that had broke off from the fisherman but still caught up in rocks, was able to actually take the fish in hand and cut the line setting him free :D Came across another trout on way back that was acting funky. link to video clip I took of it. YouTube - Tahoe, calawee cove June 2009

Vis was about 30-40ft. Temp at 70ft. depth about 45-50 degrees (my temp gauge is unreliable)

This was a very nice dive for me and I can imagine it being fabulous with better vis. The stairs take the wind out of you but it isn't too bad

Watch your depth carefully at the drop-off and watch out for fisherman on the shore. Going super early in the am ment I had the cove completely to myself and the lake was like glass

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom