Tahiti Trip Report Part The Two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn Jim you should write for a living :) Now I really think you need to employ someone to carry your gear on trips like these .......uh I volunteer heheh BTW make sure everyone reading knows "Z" is pronounced Zed not Zee...

Thanks for the kind words about by writing skills. To be honest, I would love to be a journalist, but there is no money in it really, and I have very expensive tastes (my wife, for instance, is EXCEEEEEEEDINGLY expensive!)

As for being my baggage carrier. Well, that you are Canadian helps, so you go to the top of the queue. You go back to the bottom of the queue if you are an American pretending to be a Canadian!!!! :wink:

Zed & Zee. Absolutely. I mean Zed Zed Top. What the hell is all that about, eh?

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Part 3 will be posted on Monday, me thinks.

But I still cant get that image of you dragging a hunk of reef through the pass....... :lifter:
Would have liked to see you do that on Franckckck’s watch!!!!!!....I think he would have had a seizure!!!

Oh if I only could have witnessed that =-) :jester:

Scuba Jim just wondering what the water temp was ? Me and my wife will be on the Tahiti Aggressor on 11/23.

Greenflash.....
While we did not dive with Jim on the Agressor trip we did dive the Tuamotus (Manihi...Rangiroa etc...) in late Sept/early Oct. and the water temp was in the low 80's......We finally meet up with Jim on Bora Bora which again, if memory serves me, water temps were in the high 70's to low 80's.......It would be to easy to look at the dive computer :wink:
Since the southern hemisphere is headed towards summer I would imagine the temps to be in that same range if not a tad higher.......Scuba.....does this sound correct???

That sounds about right. It was 80-82 when I was on the boat, Greenflash. I suspect it will be mid 80s at the end of this month. Can't suggest what thickness wetsuit to take as different people feel the cold in different way, but you certainly need a full wet suit, as a shorty will allow you to severely gash your knees on the coral during drift dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom