Tachyon XC Underwater Cam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checked out the video and went to their website and quite frankly I'm not impressed. For the price they want it at, you can get a far better traditional camera which will shoot equal or better quality. Helmet cams are notoriously shaky and insufficient for proper composition "as can be seen in all their test footage". My advice would be save up a little more money and spend it on a dedicated system or buy a p&s which shoots video:wink:

Yea, I get that.
What I was more interested in a hands free cam just for keeping a database for all my dives. I like the fact that I can use a 32 gb card so I wont miss anything.

I was thinking about something along the same line. Not for professional or even decent UWV, but more as a out of the way recorder.

The depth limit takes it off the list of possibilities for me. I am curious to what real depth it could handle before flooding.

Here's another option you might be interested in:
Liquid Image Video Scuba Mask HD321 Large - Helmet Camera Central

It looks gimmicky but who knows.. I like my Atomic Ultraclear too much to consider it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom