Table Rock Lake dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey there all you cold water divers. I went down from Springfield Mo to Table Rock dam this afternoon but the entry was too icy. Couldn't make it from the steps to the water line standing up.

Anyway,
I want to try again next week. Anyone up for a dive during the week. Tuesday the 10th or Thursday the 12th?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Jeff

I am off that day, but will depend on what I find out tomorrow. I am going to Stockton lake tomorrow to check out weighting with new steel 120's, and some other new gear. Depending on the results, I would be up for a couple of dives on Tuesday. Where you wanting to dive?

DW

I have never been there so I was looking at the Dam because it is easy for me to find and easily accessible. I'm open to suggestions.

I ended up doing the dive today solo. Interesting site!
Water was a tepid 43 degrees. 15 foot vis. Not much to see, interesting wall, a few small bass.
Anybody know where the 1/2" rope leads? I was at 80 feet and it disappeared into the depth from there.

The Vibration from the power plant is a real experience though! Never felt such a vibration underwater! Never could have heard a leak if you had one :p

Nice dive. Would have been better with company.

Jeff

I am not real sure about the rope. I was thinking it was put there for use by some of the classes that go out there, but I am not sure... Vis there is normally pretty good, but last year they had TONS of flooding and the vis was crappy all year long. I have heard from a few others that have been down there this winter that it has not been great. Hopefully this summer things will be better. I am normally down there in March for a weekend, but I am not sure if I am going to make it down this year or not.

How long are you going to be in the Springfield area?

Have a good one...

Phil

Hey Diving Preacher, sorry that I was not able to make it yesterday. I am going to be back at Stockton Lake on Saturday if you can make it that day? You are welcome to come along.

DW

DW,
Sorry I deleted the missed call on my phone so I lost your number. I will be working in a nursing home Saturday and after that we will be traveling for several months. I'll contact you when we get back in the area.

Thanks for calling,
JEff

Not a problem. Let me know when you get back to the area, we will see what we can set up.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom