T3 Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeycanuk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at possible upgrading to a T3. I was just wondering if there is a yellow colored T3 reg on it's way, or a kit to add yellow accents? There is a T2 yellow octo but it's a 2yr/300dive warranty vs 3yr/300 on the T3.

Also on the T3 what is the coldest water it can handle?

Hi mikeycanuk

Thank you for the post! Currently we do not have a T3 octo....We rarely change our line-up of Octos and the Ti2 Octo is the closest one in our line-up to the T3. Yes, the service interval is different than the T3 but the T3 is the first of its kind to come out with that long of a service interval. I don''t know what the future holds for us but as of now we don't have plans for a new Octo for our line-up....However, you make a great point and this is something that we need to take into consideration.

The T3 can handle frigid waters to what degree I will find out for you.....It is a sealed first stage so the thermal properties are great internally there...However, with the swivel hose on the second stage there is no heat sink...The heat sink is an important piece to prevent/minimize freeze ups on the second stage. We do offer a Jam Nut that would fit the T3 but it involves removing the swivel hose and installing a standard regulator hose. I will see about more specific data once our engineers are out of their meeting.

Thanks mikeycanuk.

There are no mechanical changes between the T2 and T3 second stages as such for service there should be no difference. As for the cold water (<5C) piston regs are not the first choice (even when sealed), diaphragm regs are preferred. That said I have had mine down into the 5C range.

Back
Top Bottom