T-one month and counting...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice..where are you staying?
I spent a week at Coco View a few years back..Wherever you stay you will love it!
Dont miss a dive called Kalvins Crack east of CCV(no pun intended..really) its a small manhole sized opening in the top of the reef before the wall that opens up into a really cool cavern! Its not an overhead but feels like one. You follow it down and then exit onto the wall looking down into the abyss-very cool!
Another is Marys Place but all the ops go there..another cavern/wall exit!

Take some bug juice..the no seeums can be brutal! I bought some stuff called Cactus Juice online that worked well and didnt smell like a refinery?
A pleasant smelling lotion that wasn't greasy/oily..

Have fun!!!

Oh, I'm turning blue with envy. I really want to go to Roatan sometime! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics when you return. :D

We stayed right across the way at Fantasy Island with some friends. It was a cheap vacation ($695 per person including nitrox) and turned out to be a load of fun. The Prince Albert Wreck is a great dive to do over and over, since it is an easy shore dive. We did it by being dropped right on top of it by the skiff. I found the diving better in the top 40 feet than down deeper on the reefs. No current is really nice. When we were there the water was between 84-87 degrees and it was the first time in my life I did not use a wetsuit.

Diving nitrox will make your trip more enjoyable too. If you are not yet nitrox certified take a course before going, because you are going to be diving A LOT!

Check out the yard sale behind me :shakehead:
attachment.php

The bow of the Prince Albert to give you an idea of how much life it holds.
attachment.php

Grouper on the Prince Albert
attachment.php

CCV is in the background. Pic is of our friend hanging out in a hammock
attachment.php

Attachments

• Net24.jpg
    Net24.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 119
  • Net30.jpg
    Net30.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Net26.jpg
    Net26.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Net4.jpg
    Net4.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 115
Your Brother can't go:shocked2:, So I am going for him!:wink:
I think he might disagree with that :D

We stayed right across the way at Fantasy Island with some friends. It was a cheap vacation ($695 per person including nitrox) and turned out to be a load of fun. The Prince Albert Wreck is a great dive to do over and over, since it is an easy shore dive. We did it by being dropped right on top of it by the skiff. I found the diving better in the top 40 feet than down deeper on the reefs. No current is really nice. When we were there the water was between 84-87 degrees and it was the first time in my life I did not use a wetsuit.

Diving nitrox will make your trip more enjoyable too. If you are not yet nitrox certified take a course before going, because you are going to be diving A LOT!
I just got my nitrox last week and my brother is getting his + aow next week.

While our trip wasn't as cheap as yours I still feel it is a good deal. Especially for our first dive vacation.

Till I leave for Roatan! Oh man I'm excited!!!

I'm going to Roatan for a week in July, staying at the CCV resort as well. You gotta tell me how much you loved it so I can get all amped up even more than I am now! :D

Peter..Love the Yard Sale guy!!

There was a guy on our boat who had everything imagineable tied off to his Bc..extra light,mirror,slate,smb...you name it! I had never seen anything like it! My buddy and I refered to him as Chuck-short for Chuckwagon! It spread around the resort like wildfire..he never did figure it out? Comedy!

Peter..Love the Yard Sale guy!!

There was a guy on our boat who had everything imagineable tied off to his Bc..extra light,mirror,slate,smb...you name it! I had never seen anything like it! My buddy and I refered to him as Chuck-short for Chuckwagon! It spread around the resort like wildfire..he never did figure it out? Comedy!

I didn't know he was in the photo until I uploaded them. If I had seen his inflator hose was like that underwater I would have assisted him in putting it back in place. Not much can be done about the sea anchor (Gauge console) though :shakehead: Why do they not think it won't hit the reef? The least console users should do is to have their console on a clip or retractor or something to keep it close to their body and off the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom