T - 47 hours and counting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The Diving Mecca of Dorthy & Toto....Kansas
Well I am down to less than 2 days before we leave for Roatan. We have packed almost everything that we can. I am hoping to get some last minute trip saver items from you guys that I might not have thought of. This is our first ocean trip since we bought all our own gear and it is making it harder to pack. So little room, so much gear!

So please tell me about the time you packed a shoelace or paper clip and it saved your life. I know we have at least a few McGyvers out there.

Thanks,
:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

I usually put 4 or more 8" strips of duct tape on the outside of a hardsided suitcase, or the plastic part of the BC (tank holder) or on a tank. The tape can be easily removed and reused to help save the dive.

I look forward to your trip report. I know only Kansan's can provide a true perspective of adventure. I was born in Beloit - near Salina. It isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

to pack me KC :D

Be sure not to pack your nail clippers and things that may be construed as a "weapon" in your carry on bags.

Other than that, I am sure we will have a great time, right?

Where are you staying? What airline are you using? We're going in March to stay at CoCo View for the fourth time! If you're traveling on TACA, their website has some good info on what's allowed in carry-ons.

We've never had alot of trouble with noseeums but you might want to pack some Cactus Juice Eco-Spray, it works the best for us. Most of the resorts there carry it but they may only have the cream, not the spray.

Have a great time!

Grupo Taca

Dee,

We are staying at Fantasy Island. I read all your old posts about how great Coco View is and tried to sway my husband and our friends but the couple we are going with stay at Fantasy Island every year and love it. I read some questionable things about them on this board but our friends assure me that they know the owners and really like it there.

I know we are flying contential to San Pedro Sula but am not sure what island hopper we are taking to Roatan. I thought it started with an I. Glad you said that about the Cactus juice. I have both cream and spray. I will bring my spray if you think it is more effective. Not much works against Missouri ticks!

This is my first trip with my new MX-10. Any photography pointers to a newbie?

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Have a great trip!

My first trip with a camera the suggestions were,
Get close
Get low
shoot up

It worked for me.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and a trip report! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom