Systematic use of oxygen analyzers by advanced divers ? [Poll].

Do you personally verify the percentage of oxygen of your dive cylinders ?

• n/a

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • No, and no plans to ever do that.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Have in the past, not anymore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thinking about doing this eventually.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I verify from time to time.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • I always verify.

Votes: 161 84.3%
  • Other (please specify).

Votes: 17 8.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, every dive. And for those of you who posted "unless it's just air".. unless you self fill, or deal with a shop that only does air, or partial prasure blending of ean, how do you know your "air" tank has only 21% in it? Nitrox is getting so common around my neck of the woods, that I would assume 31-32% to be in most rental tanks. Labeled for ean or not.
yep, agree totally, I was on a dive boat and did not ask for nitrox well tested my tank it had 33.2% this tank ended up being for someone else and was accidentially given to me, my dive was only going to be in the 50-60 ft range with my son due to his training level, but if he did not want to do the dive for some reason I could have easily hit 100ft or even deeper, now this would not have been an issue but what if someone was going to 130' that is over a 1.6. Anyhow my point is I don't tell other divers what to do but I recommend to anyone that may ask or I teach a nitrox class to that testing your tank every time is what I recommend. Just my 2cents

I very rarely dive air anymore and do verify my nitro every time without fail.

I do not verify air, as a general rule. If it's not air, I verify 100% of the time.

I verify every cylinder including air. If you are not verifying everthing you intend to use, you are doing a half-@ssed job IMO.

Divers spend a fortune on dive equipment, just get one or at least verify everthing you dive.

I analyze every single tank I breathe. Even with air fills there is a considerable risk of mistakenly having higher 02% after mislabeled tanks or topping nitrox filled tanks with air.
Analyzing is part of my pre dive routine.
Analox is a great standalone nitrox analyzer. Divesoft is the best trimix analyzer IMO. I have an inexpensive GOX o2 analyzer myself and most places where I fill have Analox or Divesoft available.

Every tank, how else would you know you got 'air'
Where i get my fills will not fill without seeing yoir card and are filled on different sides of the room and full tanks are stored on different sides of the room and they will not fill without an o2 clean. I have 2 tanks labled for breathung air. 2 tanks labled nitrox 2 twin sets labled trimix.

Never for Air, always for any other mix.
When I dive Air, usually all the divers are diving Air too (probably the blender cannot provide anything else).
Sometimes I'd like to dive nitrox, but it is not available.
For tec dives I always analyze every tank , whatever mix is supposed to be inside and marl them for MOD

Back
Top Bottom