Syncing flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coonie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had the DC 1400 with the older model strobe and loved it. I have replaced the lighting with the new Sea Dragon Duo. When the camera is in the underwater mode the strobe is in sync. However in the land mode the strobe does not sync. I don't recall this being the case with the older strobe. Is there a fix?

Morning,
The external flash is in sync with the camera in Underwater External flash mode. In Land mode the shutter and external flash will no longer be in sync. To use the external flash on land, just set the camera for underwater external flash.
Technically, you can sync the ext flash to land mode but it’s much easier to keep it sync’d to ext flash mode and use that setup on land.

In Land mode, the camera uses a different flash firing profile with pre-flashes. In Ext Flash mode, the camera does not fire any pre-flashes. Because of this differing flash profile, you would need to resync the external flash every time you switch between Land and Ext Flash modes

Back
Top Bottom