Sydney diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Bella_

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll be heading to SEAsia to dive in the next couple of weeks and will finish the trip with a week of relaxation in Sydney. The last time I was in sydney I was so exhausted that I didn't want to drag the scuba kit out again to dive but this time I'm determined. I'll be staying either with a mate in Bronte or somewhere near the harbor and opera house. I can't remember where off hand, but my mate arranged it anyway. My ozzie friend isn't a diver so he's no good for advice on who to dive with. I'm especially interested in finding endemic species like the sea dragons but more importantly I want to be on a fun and friendly boat with a good crew. Any recommendations?

"Dragons", not far from Palm Beach, is a great place to see weedy seadragons.

http://www.atlantisdivers.com.au/boat_dives/reefs/dragons.html

Atlantis divers used to be a great operator - I did my OW and AOW with them in the mid 90s. I haven't been out to see them since I returned from overseas, but had heard a rumour they'd shut down...hope this isn't true. The website is up at any rate.

Giday,
I dive sydney every weekend with my dive buddy who is a great authority on Sydney and Australain diving. He wrote a fantastic book called "Atlas to Australin dive sites" after diving all across Australia. When your plaqnning your trip get in touch and we'd be happy to have you join us for a dive or two.We dove a favourite spot called " Bear island" last sunday and saw fantastic Seadragons, Port jackson sharks , moray eels plus fed huge Blue groupers, etc. Happy to catch up with you and take you to a few differnet spots. Majic point is anoher great spot, Grey nurse cave and sea dragons are a few of the great things to see here . All these sites are within 15 minutes of Bronte.

Hope that helps a bit.
regards Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom