Sydney diving during the week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alecto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I found a ton of places to dive with during the weekend but I haven't been able to find any body that dives during the week. I'm hoping I'm looking in the wrong spot. Are there any boat or shore dives that are run during the week? Or are they all just private dives and I need to find myself a buddy?

I might be in Sydney for work next week (Sunday is a go/no-go decision. I have flights booked). After the work is done, I want to get in as many dives as possible. My return date is October 19th, so I'm hoping to get a fair number of dives in. I'll be bringing my cold water gear (dry suit). Just will need to rent tanks and weights. I'd be more than happy to dive with you. I'm at 91 dives (will get in 2 more dives on Sunday). Hoping to break 100 while I'm down there.

I suggest you contact Meggie66

she works with a dive shop near Shelly and does regular guided dives there mid week through the shop. Would be an easy way to get tanks etc as they bring them in the van to meet there. Meggie is nice to dive with and very friendly.

Alecto how long are you in Sydney. I May be considering a mid week. I have to get desperate enough to face the colder water again after getting spoiled in Florida last in Sept. I guess I should have done the California and Canada dives the end of my trip instead of the beginning. Much harder to go back to colder water from the warm climes :)

Hi Alecto, feel free to PM me if you're up for a mid-week dive. A group of friends dive at Shelly most Tuesdays and you're more than welcome to join us (same goes for bowlofpetunias), or we can sort something out for another day and the boat belonging to the dive shop I work for will be going out Thursdays to Sundays from the last weekend in October.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

All the best M

ProDive runs boat trips most days of the week.

I'm arriving in Sydney mid day on Dec. 30 and currently planning to leave on Friday, Jan. 2. Not only mid week but mid week New Years Eve. I sure can plan it. haha.

Yea I'm used to cold water diving in LA and will be diving a bunch in the Queensland area. But seeing sea dragons just sounds awesome.

You will be dealing with much hotter ambient temps then. I tend to dive with a sharkskin then so I don't roast in the wetsuit before I get in the water as I pretty much only do shore dives at home in Sydney. I same my boat dive money for when I am away.

You may be able to find somone to "dive in the New Year" with you :hm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom