Switching from pic mode to video w/ dc800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taken from SeaLife website: When the camera is in Sea, Ext Flash or SplashWater modes, you can push the LCD display button to toggle between picture, video and playback modes. When the camera is in any other mode (and outside of the waterproof housing) you can use the slide switch on top of the inner camera to switch between video, playback and picture modes.

That is 100% correct. The camera needs to be in one of the U/W modes and then toggling the disp button will get you to the video mode.

GOOD TO KNOW! THANKS! I was underwater just today with my new DC1000 Elite camera kit and all of a sudden I couldn't figure out how it got into video mode and then after cycling through every combination of button pushing imaginable it went back to camera mode but I was so narc'd I can't remember what I pushed to fix it! :)
Just gave it a shot and you're right, that's good info to know - when underwater the LCD button is your toggle switch for photo to video....why was this not made clear in the owners manual??? Or did I miss that part?

It is in the Quick Guide, point 10.c.

Don't feel bad, lots of people overlook it.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom