switching 2nd stages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakewinni

Reaction score
Hey, I'm wondering if you can switch first and second stages. For example I have a sherwood maximus and scubapro mk2 w/ R290. I want to switch the scubapro R290 with the maximus second stage because everything would be better placed when I'm diving. Do I just have to make sure that the IPs are the same for each second stage as they were on the orignal reg?
Thanks

Sherwood IP spec is 135 to 150. Scubapro is 125 to 145. So they are compatible. And unless you happen to hit some of the extreme specs, you should get away without no adjustments and no descernable performance impact.

Because two regs will never have the exact same ip (expecially pistons) i would adjust the second stages regardless, this will increase performance, and prevent unnecessary free flow. But yes, they are compatable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom