Switch issues with DL960D Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snewland01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After few good years of use the on - off - test switches on both of my strobes are getting flaky. Both have a tendency for the LED flash once when you place the switch in to the on position, then turn off. One of the two strobes will stay on with a couple of repetitions between on and off. The second strobe will not stay on at all.

I just sent the strobes into Sealife to get this fixed along with battery boxes.

The improves battery boxes are nice! The switch repair didn't seem to help much.

My dive shop owner said he stopped carrying SeaLife cameras due to issues with the magnetic switches on the strobes.

Is this a know issue with this strobe design?

Is it reparable?

I'm heading out on a cruise in less than 2 weeks. I would hate to end up in Aruba and Curacao without working strobes.

Suggestions?

It is a known issue, however I had two strobes repaired (they just replaced both of them).

Apparently, if your strobes come to a "full stop" they are less likely to have this problem, but if they just kind of "slide" they are more susceptible to it. Later models come to a definite stopping point.

Yes - had the same issue and a replacement (X2) -after less than a year on the new one is showing signs of serious rust ....especially around the exposure knob:frown:.... despite being meticulously washed and cared for....the SL960d is still going strong with only a dodgy battery compartment which was a known issue with that model... luckily easy to fix.
I have to admit I cannot see any further Sealife purchases in my future....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom