SWISSUB DOLPHIN - (Wet suit with integrated BCD) - the peculiar contraption

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shekes

Contributor
Reaction score
Here it is:
SWISSUB - Produits at the bottom of the page there is a GIF and a size chart.

Has anybody used this contraption?

I found a used one and I am really curious to try.
It seems like if one doesn't hook it up to the first stage, it could serve as a good back-up BC should the wing fail and/or additional flotation on the surface.
Also I wonder if one could swim with it inflated. Maybe it could provide for additional safety when snorkelling far or in bad weather.

Also: What do you think would a Bare-size-MLS be in Swissub-size?
Bare Velocity 3/2 Full Mens Wetsuit discounts on sale Bare click "sizing charts" then "Bare"

The one I found has no size on it but apparenlty the measurements are:

• Length of the suit 135cm/53"
  • Inseam: 68cm/27"
  • Chest: 105cm/41"
  • Hips: 105cm/41"
  • Arm length: 48cm/19
  • Neck: 45cm/18"

From the picture, it does appear to have a q/c to the 1st stage.
it looks like the bladders are on the front side. No picture of the back.
If this is the case, I think it would tend to turn you face up.

On the other hand, it looks pretty streamlined.

Here it is:
SWISSUB - Produits at the bottom of the page there is a GIF and a size chart.

Has anybody used this contraption?

I found a used one and I am really curious to try.
It seems like if one doesn't hook it up to the first stage, it could serve as a good back-up BC should the wing fail and/or additional flotation on the surface.
Also I wonder if one could swim with it inflated. Maybe it could provide for additional safety when snorkelling far or in bad weather.

If they put the bladder on the back, like a wing, this would make much more sense....I might even want to try that :)

On the other hand, whenever your stomach is looking like a Beer Belly, you could just say it is your Dolphin Wetsuit/bc :) There may be a bunch of divers using these in South Florida already :)

The only additional information I was able to find was from a guy who knew a guy who had it and saw him diving with it. He said it was good gear but it was many years ago so he couldn't remember if it was only front-inflate. In the pictures the hose goes to the back though, so I'd say it inflates all around the chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom