Suunto Zoop question ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrickwk,

Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of pre-bending the Zoop? Why would you not just dive it like normal until it bends itself. Unless you had some super technical and complicated dive coming up where really don't want the distractions, I don't see the point. Let it give you deco info like normal and ignore it.

Captain Sinbad,

FYI the new ZOOP NOVOs should be out soon and they are supposed to have gauge mode.
Hey Chicken Scuba,

You have a point but we have our preferences. I am not a tech diver but I did take up GUE Fundies.

During one of my leisure dives, I forgot to switch the D4i to Free diving mode. And trying to perform the minimum decompression ascend in Dive mode wasn't really pleasant for me.

For me, I prefer to dive in gauge mode. I guess it's just personal preferences. [emoji2]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

The Vyper doesn't cost much more than the Zoop and it does have gauge mode.

I used my Gekko, predecessor of the Zoop, as a tech bottom timer for around 6 years. I just ignored the NDL displayed until it bent itself, then kept using it. Still have it as a backup.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Hello,
well, that it basically works this way is no secret since stated in the manual. Obviously it's not intended to be used this way and thus I can't approve on it. So if not already bought Zoop would be the wrong choice when a bottom timer is needed. As mentioned Vyper is about the same price range and supports this feature.

br Hendrik

The funny thing is, if Suunto made a bottom timer, it would probably sell very well. It seems that the Suunto implementation of RGBM (and its inherent ability to become conservative to a ridiculous level) is the biggest complaint about them.

Get rid of the computer stuff and just run gauge mode, make it $99, and you'll corner the bottom timer market. Plenty of people cling to their Uwatec bottom timers, why not give them a modern equivalent with a rechargeable battery. I know I'd buy at least two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom