Suunto Zoop issues (incorrect depth, won't turn off, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All computers have a sleep mode and will automatically put themselves to sleep. None that I know will let you manually do this step.

Soak it in fresh,...still no good ? Take the battery out and let it sit a while put the battery back in. Still no good ? Does it think it's diving when it's not ?

Any Authorized Suunto Dealer with copy of original owner receipt will gladly take care of it. We clean this up all the time. They usually stand behind what they sell.

i had the same problem today, with my zoop!
On our way to the dive spot it couldn't wait and start the dive before me!!!
I will contact a service center and have the DC for inspection!

Sounds like it's self diving, in which case it's a modular problem. If you got it from a certified dealer within the last 5 years you should take it back... they'll send it in and Suunto will replace the computer for free.

Sounds like it's self diving, in which case it's a modular problem. If you got it from a certified dealer within the last 5 years you should take it back... they'll send it in and Suunto will replace the computer for free.

it's 2 year now that i have this DC and done about 20 dives!
I hope the replace it for free!

Hi everyone, just wondering if I could get some advice on my Zoop issue that I am experiencing at the moment.

Briefly, went for a dive 2h ago, and when I got in the water the Zoop immediately read ~12m. So I'm thinking, I may have pressed a button to display the logbook data, but somehow had a feeling this was not the case as it takes a lot of presses to get to that stage. I continued the dive as I have a backup computer (Veo 180nx) and when I got to 10m (according to my veo) the Zoop displayed a ridiculous depth of ~22.8m. So i limited my dive to 30 minutes surfaced, where at that point my Zoop was saying my deco time was like 45 mins.

Now (right this minute as i post) the display is telling my i should ascend immediately, and my ceiling height is 3m, dive time 136 minutes and the depth is 11.9m on land (in front of the computer). It appears to be borked for the lack of a better term. And yes the units on both are the same.

Any advice on how I can fix this problem?? Haven't come across problems like this before and have searched google as well as this site. Is the depth sensor somehow affected??

Thanks in advance.

This is actually a fairly common problem with Suunto computers. There can be two problems, either the transducer is broken, in which case you can't do anything about it and it needs to be serviced under warranty (they seem to get this happening in batches) or the sensor on the bottom of the computer (a small 1/2 moon shaped bit on the bottom of the casing with a number of holes in it) is blocked.... often the blockage is caused by salt building up if the computer normally isn't cleaned well after diving. On the ones I've seen with a blocked sensor the computer can even read shallower! so be happy that you don't have that.

If you think it may be blocked then you can try soaking it in warm water for an hour or two to see if that clears it up. If it doesn't then take it to a dealer and send it to Suunto.

R..

i soaked it for 30 min and it seems it's ok now!
I use the bottons to navigate on the various screens and nothing odd happens!
I will try to make a dive and check it!

I operate a small dive centre in Palawan , Philippines and my friend operates a larger one at El Nido Philippines.
We are both experiencing this kind of fault with Zoops and I have also had a Vyper failed.

The depth sensor goes crazy , sometimes not working at all and sometimes showing ridiculous depths.

I have had failures of 4 zoops and one vyper . My friend has 2 zoops more waiting to be returned, I had yet another failure of a zoop ( less than 1 month old!).

There is no prob getting them replaced , it just takes 1 month !

Briefly, went for a dive 2h ago, and when I got in the water the Zoop immediately read ~12m. So I'm thinking, I may have pressed a button to display the logbook data, but somehow had a feeling this was not the case as it takes a lot of presses to get to that stage. I continued the dive as I have a backup computer (Veo 180nx) and when I got to 10m (according to my veo) the Zoop displayed a ridiculous depth of ~22.8m. So i limited my dive to 30 minutes surfaced, where at that point my Zoop was saying my deco time was like 45 mins.

Now (right this minute as i post) the display is telling my i should ascend immediately, and my ceiling height is 3m, dive time 136 minutes and the depth is 11.9m on land (in front of the computer). It appears to be borked for the lack of a better term. And yes the units on both are the same.

Any advice on how I can fix this problem?? Haven't come across problems like this before and have searched google as well as this site. Is the depth sensor somehow affected??

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Try soaking it in warm water and vinegar for a few hours. It may work for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom