Suunto word of warning on suunto d9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gizmo1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey guys just to let you know i just sent 2xD9 computers in for battery replacement
batteries for both cost $6 at most each +service $40 shipping $20 =$66 give or take
both computers are 4 years old and have had replacement modules 2 years ago $300 each
these computers are not cheap units either right??? ok
so report back from company "suuntou dealer!" sorry the gel capsuel has seperated and they no longer are any good also suuntou no longer make the parts so you have 2 x paper weights
is this good customer service??????
im so hacked off !
so let this be a warning to any potential suunto customers!!!!!
or am i wrong??????

Wow, if they no longer make the parts to support this high end computer, I'll be darned if I'd buy a Suunto. I thought parts had to be kept in inventory for a period of time after manufacture. I found out the hard way when my Dive Rote Nitek Trio died that that is not the case. Fortunately I've never had a problem with my Uwatecs or Nitek Duo.

how about a D9Txi titanium first battery service at 14 months old needing 4 new buttons at a cost of $60 charged to me????
"sorry you need to rinse your computer more!!!!" responce!!!!!!!!!!

From all the evidence I've seen about Sunnto products and people, anyone who buys one gets what they deserve. Buy a Shearwater and be done with it.

you cant walk around with a shearwater on your wrist as a watch can you???
but thanks for your advice very helpful!

you cant walk around with a shearwater on your wrist as a watch can you???
but thanks for your advice very helpful!

I suppose I could, but I agree it would look pretty silly. Then again, I have a dive watch and a dive computer...never felt the need to try and merge them.

More to the point, it seems you can't walk around with a Suunto on your wrist as a watch right now either :wink:

Welcome to the world of awesome customer service and support from Suunto. This is not the first or even 10th example of sketchy service I've heard about Suunto. I'd be more than a little unimpressed. I own a vyper which I use as backup but when it dies I'd not buy another suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom