Suunto Vytec - can't download as cable doesn't read vytec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there Suunto (and other techy people)!
I have only downloaded my suunto Vytec once (2011?) and figured I should do it again. I can't keep using my husbands paper logbook to assist my memory as I dive 3x more than he does and it is a pain to scroll manually through dives. I replaced the battery last week and I have done 3 dives since then without issues. So I know I don't have a battery issue.

I am using a different computer, downloaded the software and driver. When I go to the wizard, it finds the driver port but says no computer (vytec)is hooked up. I have tried pressure/holding the cord to the computer, jiggling it, activating the computer to active mode (as opposed to on mode). It just doesn't recognize I have the vytec attached to the usb cord.

Is there a trick to get it to register the vytec?
Thanks!

Off to Roatan shortly so I would like to get everything downloaded and free up dive space so I don't lose any (70 dives planned between now and end of June)

I don't know about the vytec but I have a Vyper and somtimes have to try 10 times before it is recognized being connected. I have better luck if I get everything ready and then power up the DC. Mine also has to be in PC mode. Good Luck.

'Tater, thank you. I had gone to the "help" section of the wizard and it didn't mention switching my dive computer to transfer PC mode. That worked. DOH! I am sorry I didn't remember that step.
*Suunto, maybe add that to your help section? :)

Hi Chris, I wasn't aware (aka remembering from a few years ago) that I needed to do that. Even when consulting the HELP section on Suunto's software it doesn't prompt me to do that. Luckily 'tater replied with that information and it was exactly the step I needed (that I was missing). It works great except for saying I have a 0 SAC rate...gotta noodle around on the software on that before asking for help again :) I already loaded my tank type/size into the software and receiver calculated my air as well. Shell

Back
Top Bottom