Suunto Vyper2 owners - mounting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have an original Vyper that I wear on a 1" nylon watch strap - much more secure and less bulky than the rubber Suunto boot. The strap loops through the 2 spring bars like a regular watch so that even if one breaks it is still held in place. It sits nice and flat on the wrist.

I want to get a new Vyper 2 and keep my old Vyper as a backup. From the pics it seems the new ones have a totally different mounting system that may not include the spring bar mounting option.

Can any Vyper 2 owner confirm what the back of one looks like when you take it out of the rubber boot? Is the boot even removable at all? Or would I would be stuck wearing it on the included rubber.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Hatul... I already had a bungee mount, hated it so got rid of it, way too big, I usually dive with no wetsuit and like to wear my Vyper like a watch. The nylon straps are awesome. The diameter of all Suuntos is the same so they all fit in that mount but I want to know if the Vyper 2 has the lugs on the back for a 1" strap like the Vyper 1 and other Suuntos have.

Lucky, yes... 19C/66F water temp in winter where I am in Australia, I wear a 3mm for that though :p I dive mostly in summer in a shorty or just board shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom