Suunto Vyper Novo x SP Mantis 2 x Mares Quad Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, I've been doing some research and browsing for a dive computer with integrated air transmission, and I kinda selected these 3 (for their price, mostly), but not sure which one is the best option.

I'm new to diving (PADI AOWD + Nitrox + Dry-Suit)), but I want something I can use for the foreseeable future and I'm very tech-savvy (I would love to have the spare money for a TERIC, lol).

So, between these 3, which one you think is the best? I also thought about the D4i (same price range), but it doesn't have an integrated compass like the Vyper and the M2.

Please feel free to suggest other options (up to US$ 700 for the bundle computer + transmitter).

Thanks and cheers from Brazil!

Out of these three, I'd go with the Suunto.

If you have more money to spare, I'd look at Shearwater's, Ratio (they have a new wrist-watch dive computer that is awesome) and Scubapro's G2.

Look out for the Suunto D5. Replacing the D4i effectively.

I have both Suunto (an older D9 and a new D6i) and also a Scubapro M2. The M2 is great and have had no issues, a bit harder to navigate around than the Suunto. For me though if not much separates the capability and use go for the brand that gives you the best aftersales service and that backs their product. For me that is Suunto.

Look out for the Suunto D5. Replacing the D4i effectively.

The price for this D5 is outrageous. For the same money, one can get a better computer from SW, Ratio or Garmin (once they support AI).

The price for this D5 is outrageous. For the same money, one can get a better computer from SW, Ratio or Garmin (once they support AI).

$849 list. Outrageous? Prob discounted to around $775. Explain your outrage and how you can get a Teric or Garmin for the same price.

I can personally recommend the Vyper as i have one myself, very happy with it.
I like the big display, the integrated compass and the ease of use of Sunnto DC's. (Previously owned a Zoop)

About the rest i have no clue, never used them.

Cool guys, thanks so much for your help!

I actually found the Ratio iDive for a very competitive price and I'm thinking about this little fella now. It has EVERYTHING I was looking for, is wrist-watch style... Has anyone had any problems with it so far?

Considering the Easy Avantgard (or maybe the Deep)

Cool guys, thanks so much for your help!

I actually found the Ratio iDive for a very competitive price and I'm thinking about this little fella now. It has EVERYTHING I was looking for, is wrist-watch style... Has anyone had any problems with it so far?

Considering the Easy Avantgard (or maybe the Deep)

There is a new version announced and will be coming out shortly. Awesome! I'd suggest to wait for it and compare.

I see... any idea when? Cause I'm going to Europe for Christmas and New Years, stopping for a dive at Silfra (Iceland), so I kinda gotta buy something till jan 9th, while I'm still there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom