Suunto Vyper Battery & O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a used Vyper with a low battery. I know the battery is a CR-2450, but what is the o-ring? The specs say 1.78 mm x 31.47mm which doesn't mean a lot to me...is there a number, like "014" or something? Do I really need to replace the o-ring every time?

Perhaps its in the manual? The manual is online, and I'll try to locate it for you, just in case.

I also want to get a spare, to keep in my save-a-dive kit

Sean

The measurements I gave are what are listed in the manual. I'm looking for the O-ring number that I can go to the hardware store with. For example, a yoke tank o-ring is "014", not x.xx mm by xx.xx mm.

31.47 mm is awfully large!

you need to get a metric o-ring... the hardware store most likely isn't gonna have this one... check online... I have a catalog that may have the size listed in it... I wouldn't mess around with this size though... a waterlogged dive computer isn't fun at all...

better to reuse the old one that use the wrong size... make sure you lube it up properly and that it isn't damages and it should be ok... I've done that myself... but do it at your own risk...

Back
Top Bottom