Sold! Suunto Viper Nitrox computer, spg and compass in console $120

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just replaced the battery and serviced the spg. Computer, compass and spg all work fine, comes with the hp hose as well.

IMG_3863.jpg
IMG_3861.jpg
IMG_3862.jpg

How old is it and how many dives. Software in mine seemed to have crashed mast month. Had it for just over 12 years and have been diving suunto computers since 1989.
The black bodied Suunto Vyper is the older version of the computer. It was eventually replaced by a grey bodied version.

My understanding, is that the black bodies ones were sold as either imperial OR metric versions, the grey bodies ones have a user adjustable setting for imperial and metric.

-Z

sorry don't know. I kinda doubt that old software crashed. I assume something mechanically broke in your computer, but I'm no expert on this stuff.

Those suunto compasses alone cost almost what I am asking for the whole console.

Reactions: Zef
sorry don't know. I kinda doubt that old software crashed. I assume something mechanically broke in your computer, but I'm no expert on this stuff.

Those suunto compasses alone cost almost what I am
Thanks for the info but I‘m going to pass.

Those suunto compasses alone cost almost what I am asking for the whole console.
I had a vyper fail on a dive, faulty depth sensor, but I was told that did something to the software that made the computer unrepairable. Apparently it's not uncommon with those either. In fairness to Suunto it was about 18 yrs old at the time.

Hey, do you still have this console? I’m interested.

Thanks,
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom