suunto stinger titanium???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cue03

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the titanium model? I would like to get the titanium but DO NOT want ANY GOLD on the computer. I want all silver. Some sites I go do have the Titanium showing as all silver and then other sites have gold accents on the band. Which is correct?

Also, if it does have gold on it is it possible to put the stainless steel band on the titanium face? Will that match up or will it look out of place?

Thanks guys.

The insets on the bezel and the buttons are all gold on the Ti model. Also, if you get the Ti bracelet it will have gold accenting as well. And yes, the steel band would look out of place since the steel bracelet is high polish steel while the body of the Ti Stinger in matte finished Ti (the Stinger would be matte grey while the bracelet would be shiny silver).

The pic you see on sites is of the stainless model probably, which it sounds like you would be better off to get. The only reason to pay for the Ti in my opinion is if you wear it as a watch alot as well and don't like the weight, or freedive with it as well. I chose the Ti with the rubber bracelet as it is easy to adjust all the way from bare wrist to very thick wetsuits (an extender is included with the rubber bracelet for drysuits). Also, I wear it as a watch while on vacation,

I guess it is a matter of weight vs looks for you. The stainless does cost alot less, too.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will look into the stainles version a little more.

I have one more concern. I have heard that the LCD fades from the sunlight if you were the Stinger as an everyday watch. I wouldn't wear it EVERYDAY but more often than when I dive. I would say maybe 2-3 times a week.

Will that be a problem?

Also, will the stinger allow you to switch tanks (gases) mid dive etc?

==

Originally posted by cue03
Also, will the stinger allow you to switch tanks (gases) mid dive etc?
Well, in a way, yes....you can do a gas switch while diving on the Stinger. But once you do, you can't tell it that you have made the switch and make it adjust it's deco calculations.

The only Suunto in current production that will track more than one Nitrox mix during a dive is the Vytec. And in size/shape, it is very similar to the Vyper.

Back
Top Bottom