Suunto Stinger overzealous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smalley

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If i take a dive 18-25mtr then on a second dive 10-18mtr im getting warnings to ascend fairly soon into the dive, if i ignore knowing the DM has a Stinger and buddy has another unit both doing same dives, i finally end up with a warning for a decompression stop for 11 minutes.

I only dive on air and it is set up on air and set at correct alt sea level.

Im a hoilday diver as Uk way to cold, hence lack of chances to figure out how to over come this most likley setup issue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.:D

If i take a dive 18-25mtr then on a second dive 10-18mtr im getting warnings to ascend fairly soon into the dive, if i ignore knowing the DM has a Stinger and buddy has another unit both doing same dives, i finally end up with a warning for a decompression stop for 11 minutes.

I only dive on air and it is set up on air and set at correct alt sea level.

Im a hoilday diver as Uk way to cold, hence lack of chances to figure out how to over come this most likley setup issue.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.:D

You're going to have to give us time at depth to give any sort of useful answer. . . What was the dive profile and if not square, the average depth?

If you really have doubts about the computer's accuracy, rent/borrow a computer (preferably same model or at least Suunto) for your first couple of dives and wear them both for the day and then compare.

My money is on user-error. RTFM and check if the 'personal diving setting' is set to zero. This setting usually has an icon of a diver and then some '+' symbols. It is designed to add conservatism due to cold, difficult conditions etc.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom