Suunto Stinger Backlight won't go out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Suunto Stinger which I use as a bottom timer (Gauge Mode) because of mixing gasses while diving.
This means Air/EAN is off and FreeD is on.
When I leave the water after the dive the backlight turns on by itself and stays on. This is since a couple of dives so.
Sometimes I am lucky and the light goes off; I am not sure why, it could be because I tried all buttons and combinations hoping that it would turn off.
I cannot say whether it is due to pushing buttons or not because it will take minutes before the backlight goes off after pushing the last button.
Now I am stuck for half a day already with a Stinger of which the backlight won't go out; I am afraid that by tomorrow when I want to go in the water my battery will be drained.
Is there anybody who has an idea as to what causes this problem and how to solve this?
The only thing I can think of is resetting is but I don't have the tools to open the backcover.

Forgot to mention that there is no water contact (ACW)
... and my battery is almost empty now :)

Back
Top Bottom