Suunto SME and SME/ML DIY battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I figured out lately, it seems to be the normal reactivating-procedure after long term low battery, and it should work again after decending it underneeth 6 feet under water.

Anyway, according to me, this sme thing does not meet actual standards and therefore it is not relyable, nowadays. So I am not willing to take sutch an old thing with me during my dives, it wouldn't be able to put me in a smooth mood, even it works as proper as it should.

Got a used GEKKO now.

If anybody wants to have it for allowance, just send me a personal massage.

cheers

Regrub

Last edited:
i have 2 suunto sme-ml dive computers. i have the batteries, i have the o-rings, i have the battery pads, all i need is the silica gel capsules. i think it is a size 4 clear gel capsule, do you know where i can get the silica gel casules? this is active silica gel meaning it is blue & turns clear when it has asorbed moisture.

Absolutely no idea where to get those. Put them in a dehydrator for a few hours and they will recharge and be reusable.

Absolutely no idea where to get those. Put them in a dehydrator for a few hours and they will recharge and be reusable.
I want to thank you for your input. I bought a inexpensive dehydrator put the temp on 122 degrees put the silica gel capsules on the top tray 4 hrs later it has turned back blue indicating all the moisture is gone. So I'm good to go. Thanks

OMG!!
Did I say “OMG!!”
I have/LOVE my SME ML R1 since the mid 80s!
I’d love to buy another if any of you want to depart with one. It’s an iron-clad workhorse from the days of steel 72 mounting plates with nylon webbing and horse-collar BCs with CO2 cartridges! Long-live the old stuff.
Let me know. I’m serious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom