Suunto sk7 compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a suunto wrist mount compass and hated the band. It wasnt functional at all. So I cut the strap on each side and used a bungie and two small cable ties. I left the one cable tie loose until I try it on with my drysuit,pull it tight and cut it off.
IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

A better solution is the DSS SK7 wrist mount. With 2 independent bungees, it is cheap and effective protection for an expensive compass.

I just bought a suunto wrist mount compass and hated the band. It wasnt functional at all. So I cut the strap on each side and used a bungie and two small cable ties. I left the one cable tie loose until I try it on with my drysuit,pull it tight and cut it off.
Cheap & functional. I like it.

I did the same to my XScuba depth gauge. Cut off the straps & leave enough stubs to drill four holes into the stubs then laced the holes with bungee cords.

LuckyPeakReservoirBoise010.jpg

+1 on the 2 bungees are better than one theory. DSS mounts are great (and inexpensive), but at least add another to your setup.

+1 on the DSS mount! I have a N2ition 3 computer and couldn't stand the digital compass it has, so I popped the SK-7 out of my old console and orderd the DSS mount. Works great!

Back
Top Bottom