Suunto service centres in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Travelling up to Seattle in August and hoping to get my Suunto D9 serviced and the battery replaced as a precautionary measure (no one who can do it in this part of the world).

However, looking at the Suunto website, they list zero service representatives in the Pacific Northwest, and only 4 in the United States as a whole. Where do all the divers in the Pacific Northwest get their Suuntos serviced?

Rhone man, look up underwatersports.com they are a very large and proffesional service shop.

They service the state dive teams, commercial, fire depts, etc.

They pretty much work on everything, the seattle store is the service store, ask for terry son of owner that runs opps. Let him know your comming from far and need prompt service.

Easy acess in seattle area.

what are your dive plans when visiting.

Happy Diving

I've never had my Suuntos "serviced", other than battery replacement. I do that at Bubbles Below, which is a Suunto dealer very near my home. That's also where I bought the Suuntos, so if I had a problem with one malfunctioning, it would be brought to them (and from them, sent to Finland). When my Vytec died, that's what I did, and they eventually sent me a replacement unit.

You are planning on letting us know when you are going to be here, right?

Thanks for the tips - will look into both. My Suunto reads a depth of 1 feet when I am sitting on the boat, so I thought it could use a service and possibly a recalibration. We'll see what we can achieve whilst I am there.

I have taken the plunge once in Puget Sound (my in-laws live in Edmonds, so it is rude not to at least take a look at the U/W park), but tropical flowers like me don't do so well in green water. We'll see - once the grandparents have inspected the children thoroughly I might look into having a quick dip somewhere.

Rhone man, sorry about my info I took truck to ford dealership and while waiting I took the bus to seattle underwatersports, they discontinued on count of to expensive and could not move them. Of course they did say they are the best computer on the market, yet I was impressed with the new ones they have. I do not make it to the dive shops much to actually see and play with, so maybe it's me bt they have some real future dive functions now.

Anyway head down to the underwater park theres a underwatersports right there get your gear, dive, and drop off gear they wash it. should not take more than 2 hours total, unless you do a two hour dive.

And john (lds manager) can have a diveguide there also if you call and let him know. it has a little rule no solo, yet there is always a dive buddy almost every day.

Happy Diving

but tropical flowers like me don't do so well in green water
As a noted instructor once said, well, "because you don't do something well isn't a reason NOT to do it, but a reason to do it more, right?"

We have a spare L/XL Fusion so you can dive dry -- but you must let us know.

Hi,
My understanding is that the D9 has special requirements for servicing, change of battery under pressure. In Canada we have to send all the D9s to Vancouver if I am not mistaken, maybe that is also an option.

I strongly recommend taking a dip in Seattle, it was a great experience for me.

cheers

Yiannis

My D9 had to be sent of for a battery replacement- is ain't cheap either....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom