Suunto Mosquito...Local price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewTODiver

Reaction score
Without regurgitating the LDS vs. ONLINE debate....(PLEASE!!!)

I live in Toronto. I wanted to buy a mosquito (Stinger out of my price range). Do any local divers have suggestions as to where to buy it?
I checked on line and this is what I found:

LP 309 $US (problem is they didn't respond to an email asking about Canadian warranty. Their warranty only lists "states".)

DiveInn $299 $US. Have no idea how much the import/duties/taxes are to get it from EU!!

Local dive shops (via internet) $899 or $999 Canadian!!!!!! Now that IS a complete ripoff. Only one I found decent was in Ajax for $499 CDN. Quite the trek, but worth saving $300 to $400 dollars. Don't mind spending the extra $100 to support a local shop though.

Would like to hear from any local (Toronto) divers about where they purchase their equipment.

Thanks in advance....

Steve.

P.S. PLEASE don't turn this into another online vs. LDS thread. As you can see from above quoted prices, the LDS are sharks....

You're right i hate my local LDS too. They charge too much and their customer service is horrible. I rather shop online than buying stuff from them.

NewTODiver once bubbled...
Only one I found decent was in Ajax for $499 CDN.

That sounds rather reasonable. Down here, Mosquitos go for about US$399.00, with a manufacturer's warranty.

NewTODiver once bubbled...
As you can see from above quoted prices, the LDS are sharks....

My LDS sells it for EUR 299. Approx. $ 342,50.

They usually have a few interesting offers each month. Last month it was the Mosquito.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom