Suunto Favor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtl01

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I have been wondering if I should get a computer and I don't need it to be nitrox compatible but maybe I should b/c I might get nitrox cert. but I doubt it.So I was looking around online and the suunto Favor loooked intersting cheap,has good features and suunto is a good company,but I don't know.
Waht features does it have? Does anyone here have if so do you like it? I just got certified don't know if that matters or not but thought I'd tell ya, Ease of use is not a consideration I'm a bit of a tehnology whiz (meaning I have all of it).

And finnaly what did you pay I saw it for $185.00 and I also saw it as a speacial at a sale at those diver direct outlet things.

Also looking at the aladin pro

Check out the Suunto Mosquito. It does tons more, you can download it to your computer, and if you do ever dive nitrox it will do it. Unless you like the larger format of the Vyper.

If downloading is a feature you are looking for the favor or fusion, one of the two dosen't download? Can't remember which one.

My husband owns the favor which I have used some. I don't like the fact that you have to touch 2 contact points for it to work. The info doesn't stay on the screen very long. Also no back light. It has good features -water activation, walks you throught decmpression dives ect. Its a good computer. Only other complaint is replacing the battery which is next to impossible to find.
I own the new oceanic versa pro. Great! go to www.oceanic.com and you can play with it online.

I have a Favor Air Lux, which means air integrated + backlight. It's fine as far as basic functionality goes. Usual stuff, dive time, no deco time, ascent rate, temp + air integrated calculated air time left and tank pressure. Will calculate deco times/ceilings if needed.

Planning mode available, and logs 9 dives. Yes, three button contacts are a bit fiddly, but work ok. Underwater, nice large displays; on the surface, I've never noticed any problem with the display not displaying long enough (planning cycles through depths/times pausing a few seconds; log entries are manually cycled)

For me, I've had no problems with it, and it suits my purposes for recreational diving. It's a nicely sized console, and an SK-7 compass fits onto it nicely.

-Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom