Suunto Favor S in 3 gauge console w/ compass & pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fourseventeen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Suunto Favor S dive computer.... used a total of 3 times. Looks 100% brand new. Battery was just replaced by my LDS at a cost of $60.00. This has just been a back up I have had in my closet. comes complete ready to install on your 1st stage. comes with hose, console, Suunto compass, Suunto pressure gauge, screen cover for the computer and padded Suunto case.
$160.00 SHIPPED via USPS Priority mail. So really im selling it for 100.00 plus the cost of the $60.00 battery replacement that was done just a few days ago.

$160 takes it all!

FYI to anyone buying this computer: The Favor is a very reliable air-only dive computer. I have a couple and really like them. FWIW, it's very simple to do DIY battery replacement. A new battery costs about $7. As specified in the Suunto Favor S manual, the battery size is CR 1/2AA (Varta brand recommended), and the o-ring for the battery cover is 26.7 mm x 1.78 mm Shore 70A. Technically, Suunto says that the computer battery is not user-replaceable. I suppose an authorized Suunto repair shop would replace the battery with a kit, perform a pressure test, and assume responsibility for any subsequent flooding of the device caused by the repair. Considering the cost of the computer in the first place, I thought it was worth it to do the DIY repair. YMMV.

FWIW, the new battery in the Favor will last several years with average use (50 dives/yr).

Good luck with the sale, Fourseventeen.

Pics ?

thanks for the post bubble. the manual states it needs to be taken in for battery replacement but i have heard of people doing the battery swap themselves. Radio shack had the battery on their website...its 19.99 but the dive shop said they could do the battery replacement kit with battery, o-ring and test it for 60.00 so I just had them do it to play it safe.

Tomboy...I can snap a pic of it shortly and will PM you once I do that.

Photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 640

Back
Top Bottom