Suunto DM4 and the Tissue Saturation Graph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donaldsa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The latest version of DM 4 (version 1.1.0.1348) appears to be a huge improvment over the previous versions. Many of the features that were in DM3 are now in this version but it still has a long way to go.

Anyway, it now includes the tissue saturation graph which I've always found helpfull. As you scroll through dive's timeline they various compartments increase and decrease as your depth changes. At the end of a dive, the graph typically shows a bell curve with the "middle" speed compartments being saturated the most. This is all expected. However when I then look at my next dive of the day, the starting saturation levels are all back to zero again. These compartments should be showing an attenuation based upon the surface interval duration.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I find Suunto Computers to be way to conservative.

This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. This is just a plain and simple bug, in my opinion. The DM4 software doesn't seem to be taking into account previous dives during a multi dive day. The actual Cobra I have does take this into account.

The DM4 software doesn't seem to be taking into account previous dives during a multi dive day. The actual Cobra I have does take this into account.

You appear to be correct. It doesn't "carry over" the residual from the prior dive, on the same day, or at least in the DM4 software. Or perhaps doesn't display it, but is somehow included within the residual graph values of the new dive. It certainly does on my dive computer though. Perhaps the old dives with the old version didn't do but maybe new dives downloaded into new version do ? I'll try it and report back. I have the D4i and I just downloaded the new "new version" of DM4, 1.1.0.1348 and it does show the 9 tissue compartments, in real time scrolling. Very cool. Overall, still has a ways to go though. And yeah, hurry up with the Mac version. At this point, I'm liking MacDive more.

Last edited:
According to a response from Suunto:

"Dear Sir,
thank you for contacting Suunto.

We are sorry for the issues you are having with the tissue saturation curves in DM4.
Our Product Manager has informed that this issue will be fixed in the next DM4 version.

With best regards,
Suunto Helpdesk"

According to a response from Suunto:

"Dear Sir,
thank you for contacting Suunto.

We are sorry for the issues you are having with the tissue saturation curves in DM4.
Our Product Manager has informed that this issue will be fixed in the next DM4 version.

With best regards,
Suunto Helpdesk"

Interesting. Thanks for the update !

Hi,

please restart up your DM4 so it autoupgrades to 1.1.1 (now available). The issue was with D-series tissue saturations and is now addressed.

Kind regards,
\Pia from Suunto

Hi,

please restart up your DM4 so it autoupgrades to 1.1.1 (now available). The issue was with D-series tissue saturations and is now addressed.

Kind regards,
\Pia from Suunto

Pia, thanks for the heads up. I've updated Windows version, and just downloaded the new Mac version. Tissue Sat Graph working perfectly on both. Thanks !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom