Suunto Dive Manager Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I been using the corba for some time like 456 dives and never had trouble with the program first check pc connection and you may have to change the sampling rate to like 40 secs instead of the normal ten second your computer may be hanging up due to some compatabiliity promblems , low memory programs runing in the back ground this I can say as someone who works on computers are allot of people troubles !!!!!!!!

medic13 once bubbled...
well I been using the corba for some time like 456 dives and never had trouble with the program first check pc connection and you may have to change the sampling rate to like 40 secs instead of the normal ten second your computer may be hanging up due to some compatabiliity promblems , low memory programs runing in the back ground this I can say as someone who works on computers are allot of people troubles !!!!!!!!

The discussion here is about comma separated (delimited) variable (value) output from the software's File/Export menu. (just to clarify)

madmole once bubbled...
I assumed you menat export from Computer to DIve manager software

Hang on I'll try exporting mine to file.....

Nope worked but split it into 2 files thgat need joining. Its because I added 3 users parameters its pushed the last 3 columns into a separate file

Straight ASCII export to desktop in CSV format

No idea mate

Two separate installations of SDM on the machine. The shortcut icons had still been running the oldest version 1.2 ... so they did fix the bug after v 1.2. I'm am pleased to have found this irritating problem. The export works fine now that I'm actually using version 1.4. For anyone else reading this post I can't say if it was already fixed in version 1.3 because I never actually ran that version - since this whole time I've been running version 1.2. That will teach me to uninstall completely first, and then reinstall. I can't believe the program didn't detect the previous location and "upgrade". Anyway another bug for another day ...

Thanks for your post Madmole, it gave me the persistence necessary to find the issue.

Has anyone found a way to export the actual dive profiles? I wanted to look at actual air consumption vs. depth, and wanted to export time, depth, gas press in a form I could pick up from excel or something similar. DM obviosuly has the info, but the fields that it will export are limited to max depth, total time, beginning and ending gas pressure (vytec), etc, and not the full dive profile.

that is what i have my person working on, a way to export all the goodies, that the DM program shows you , but if we can export it all, then we can make other things that will arange it the way we want it to, like printing to a size that fit a log book, without folding it.....:bonk:

Doggydiver bubbled.....
Has anyone found a way to export the actual dive profiles? I wanted to look at actual air consumption vs. depth, and wanted to export time, depth, gas press in a form I could pick up from excel or something similar. DM obviosuly has the info, but the fields that it will export are limited to max depth, total time, beginning and ending gas pressure (vytec), etc, and not the full dive profile.

danw2002,

Is this a personal project or a piece of software you are hoping to sell?

Ben

personal, but who knows, if there is a market for it and it is useful to others......:D

scubaroo bubbled.....
Is this a personal project or a piece of software you are hoping to sell?

doggydiver once bubbled...
DM obviosuly has the info, but the fields that it will export are limited to max depth, total time, beginning and ending gas pressure (vytec), etc, and not the full dive profile.

Doggy, I think you either haven't looked hard enough, or maybe you have an older version of the program. I have only used v2.4, so cannot speak for previous versions.

If you File -> Export -> ASCII in CSV format, you will end up with four .CSV files:

blah.csv - Basic dive details
blah$DGE.csv - Equipment used
blah$NOT.csv - Dive notes
blah$PRO.csv - Full dive profile

The online help has full description on how to interpret all these export files. If all else fails, RTFM!

sent this to scubaroo, been to the land downunder a time or two, and a friend sent this to me, you might get a laugh out of it....I did.....

roocenter.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom