Suunto Dive Manager Bug/Suggestion List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's mine. My wife an I recently went to Hawaii and did not reset the clock on our dive computers. When I downloaded the information to my computer, it was a couple hours off of local time.

We wanted our times to be the actual time we dove so I edited the dive in Dive Manager to show the "real" time.

However, the next time I downloaded my info, it saw different times on the dives and downloaded them again as new dives.

This is just stupid. Every dive should have some type of unique identifer that is not editable. Relying on editable fields to define unique dives is just poor software design.

-Ron

TechnoMage once bubbled...
Here's mine. My wife and I recently went to Hawaii and did not reset the clock on our dive computers. When I downloaded the information to my computer, it was a couple hours off of local time.

We wanted our times to be the actual time we dove so I edited the dive in Dive Manager to show the "real" time.

snip
I had even taken the time to update the clock on my dive computer before diving in Honduras. However, I forgot to change the clock on my laptop computer. When I downloaded the dives to my log, the dive manager updated the clock on my dive computer to the time on my laptop. The resolution (for me) was to just let my dive book think I'm an early riser. Two hours off isn't that big a deal, since ALL the dives are 2 hours off, but it still bugs me. If I'd flown more than two time zones away (so my night dive looked like a day dive, and vice versa) I'd be even more bothered.

This clock issue might even be something Suunto can fix.

Spectre once bubbled...
I've done them manually in the past [by taking the profile from the 'second' dive, and manually adding to the first dive then hiding the second dive], but the one I tried to do from saturday flipped out and acted like I went to the surface between each 20 second sample.

OK - as I was working printing out my most recent dives, I've come up with a work around so at least those annoying green spikes won't show up on graphs. This way you can print a clean graph, then change it back if you want to show the surface alarms.

From the File menu, click on Logbook Preferences, then click on the Dive Log tab.

Click on the Profile Graph Properties button. Select the Color tab.
Assuming you still have the default colors in place, change the color of the SURF Alarm graph element from green to blue, the same color as the Dive Profile graph. This way it will still be there, but won't show up on your graphs, either displayed or when printing. It will still show up in your Dive Profile in the logbook itself.

I just finished cleaning up my logsheets and reprinted both combined dives and messing looking surface popups on some shallow dives.

Marc

I know it's sort of counter-productive for Suunto, but I'd love to be able to combine dive logs so that I can download my dives on different computers, then merge them together later. I have a couple of old files I downloaded with a friend, and don't want to go through putting it all in manually.
And, I've like to see the ability to open more than one dive log at once, for similar reasons.

dives stay in computers for a long time. why not just re dowload?

Thanks for all of the feedback. I've packaged up the comments and forwarded them on to Suunto. A reply I got said that they would be sent on to the developer(s) working on the software.

They confirmed that they have fixed the gear bag bug, but didn't seem to be inclined to send me an interim fix (as others have suggested they would). They said to look for it in the next software upgrade, but didn't say when it might be out.

Does anyone have a version with this gear bag fix? If so and you'd be willing to share it with me, PM me and let's talk.

Thanks again to all.

My biggest problem is that while the software recognizes previous scuba dives and does not download them twice, it fails to recognize previous freedives and downloads them again and again until they clear the computer's memory. And there may be several hundred freedives in the memory.

When you want to delete the freedives from the log, you can't select more than one at once and you must confirm each deletion. Incredibly tedious and time consuming.

Ralph

I saw the link containing the description of the transfer protocol, but rather than re-creating the download piece, I am more interested in manipulating the dive log user interface (which seems to be the crux of most of our frustrations).

Anyone reverse engineer the file format?

Otter

You shouldn't need to reverse engineer it. You can export the dive log info into ascii files and process these files as you please. I've found they are easy to read into Excel. The file formats are explained in the help files.

Ralph

See: Export File definitions

MyDives.CSV ______ General information for dives. Each record in this file is one dive and is the parent, or header, of records in the other three files. Child records relate to the Unique Dive ID field in this file. For example, to find all the depth intervals that belong to a record (one dive) in MyDives.CSV read all records in the file MyDives$PRO.CSV whose Unique Dive ID matches the Unique Dive ID of that dive in MyDives.CSV.

MyDives$PRO.CSV ______ Detailed dive profiles. This file contains one record for each sample of all dives exported. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV. A record in MyDives$PRO.CSV can belong to any dive in the set as specified by its Unique Dive ID.

MyDives$DGE.CSV _______ Dive gear used on each dive. This file contains one record for each item of dive equipment listed in the Dive Gear list box for all dives. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV.

MyDives$NOT.CSV ______ Text notes for each dive. This file contains the Notes fields from all exported dives. Each note is broken into strings of 255 characters each. This format supports target file systems that require character strings of 255 or fewer characters. The field Unique Dive ID relates to Unique Dive ID in MyDives.CSV

Back
Top Bottom