Suunto Dive Manager 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
Do Suunto manufacture state of the art computers or not? I would like to believe so but why then would they dump such a steaming turd on us and label it Suunto DM4?

I've been using a few different versions of their software so far but most recently DM3.1.0. I was happy with it but there are a few quirks that bugged me and I was eager to download the latest version when I saw it was available. What a complete waste of my bandwidth, time and energy.

The new version of the software is a complete overhaul of the old one. By that I mean, it doesn't resemble the old one in any shape or form, not regarding appearance and certainly not regarding functionality. While it certainly looks much prettier than DM3 it lacks just about every bit of functionality that I found useful in DM3.

Gone are the functions to enter details about your dive site, buddy, dive leader or dive gear. Gone is the information on air consumption. Gone is the dive computer display and the tissue saturation graph. Gone is the option to have more than one user - my wife and I will now have to run separate instances of DM on separate PCs to download and store the logs from our separate dive computers. Gone is the Nitrogen load and PO2 load information. Gone is the function to print out your dives. Gone is the function to compare two or more dives.

I'm sorry, Suunto has just taken a massive leap backwards and thinking that divers should be happy with this new software simply because it looks pretty is an insult.

Apparently some of these functions are available through movescount.com if you create a profile there and synchronise your software to it but to be honest, I have absolutely no desire to do that. I'm uninstalling this useless pile of crap right now.

:deadhorse:

It's another reason to move away from Suunto. The others: their newest computers are wrist watch size which I'm not interested in; their displays lack the nitrogen loading graph that I like.

Adam

I am looking to get a copy of divemanager 3.1 or 3.5. I had a previous version on cd. I now want to install it on a new computer but the suunto site only has version 4. I would appreciate anyone who can send me a copy of version 3.x

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom