Suunto D9tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sorry if I am a bit behind the times, but I just heard about the new Suunto D9tx (which sounds very much like the D9, just upgraded slightly to accommodate trimix). Can't find any reviews online, but was a bit surprised to find it retailing at a slightly lower price than the original D9...

Anyone seen one / used one / got any (informed) opinions on it?

I know the HelO2 got (ahem) mixed reviews when it came out as the first budget trimix computer. Presumably the D9tx would have similar limitations to those?

The only thing I have heard so far is that the compass on the D9tx is more usable than the one in the D9 since it is more accepting of tilting than the D9 compass.

The D9 compass worked quite fine for me (direction wise)...but the tilting one does help in a way plus the D9tx allows you to adjust the length of time before it disappears an option not available on the old D9 (this was the only thing I hated about the D9 compass, the need to constantly turning it on). Not sure about the rest of the updates though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom