Suunto D6 Replacement Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padre

New
Reaction score
Hi all. I've done a search, but couldn't find anything so thought I'd ask. I'm looking at getting a Suunto D6 and would like to replace the wrist strap with a Waterborne safety strap. Does anyone know if the 3/4" or 1" Waterborne strap would fit?
Thanks!

I would email Waterborne or scuba.com who sells them.

I don't own a D6, but when I was looking into it it seemed like there was no way to attach such a strap to a D6 or D9. The straps screw onto the case, so there are no pins to thread the Waterborne strap under. The upside would be that there are no pins to fail, so maybe you won't need those kinds of straps.

paulwlee:
I don't own a D6, but when I was looking into it it seemed like there was no way to attach such a strap to a D6 or D9. The straps screw onto the case, so there are no pins to thread the Waterborne strap under. The upside would be that there are no pins to fail, so maybe you won't need those kinds of straps.

I have to agree with this poster. I own a D9 and can't see a way to replace the strap. I've seen it done on the Stinger though. I do remember seeing a modification someone had done to their D9 by soldering some type of pin and then put bungees on it.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks all. Just the info I was looking for!

I know this is an old Post, but since it comes up in a search, I figured I would ass to it.

A D6/D6i alternate strap is available here "www.tibby-adapters.com" also one for the D9 (old style ones only)

cheers
Duke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom