Suunto d4i VS Aqualung i450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have already combed through as many of the old posts regarding these two computers as I could find. And I've read various reviews on both, but I am still undecided.

I am looking to upgrade to a new computer, I'm a dive instructor and I've been using the Suunto Zoop for the past 3 years. No problems with it, just about to travel for a while and I have the opportunity to purchase a new computer at trade price.
First I was convinced I wanted the Suunto d4i novo, as I know Suunto is a solid brand for computers.
But then a friend had me looking at the Aqualung range of computers. I know the i200 is more comparative to the d4i, but the price difference between the d4i and i450 is not much. So if I'm willing to spend that on the d4i, I would also consider it for the i450.

I know the perks on the i450 for most people is that its less conservative. To be honest using a Zoop and doing 4 dives a day, I haven't had too many issues with it being too conservative.
At the moment where I am based, the i450 comes with a free transmitter... that's a plus.
When I search info for the i450 I get a lot of information about when it first came out and many people had battery issues, I guess that is resolved now?
Really, the only thing I like more on the i450 is the gauge mode for multiple gas mixes. But am I being silly in thinking I will ever use that? If I do decide to do proper tech dives, I will need to use a better computer designed for tech diving?

Can anyone help a girl out? I need to decide in the next few days!

Back
Top Bottom