Suunto D4i or Oceanic Geo2 or Aeris Manta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caseyvien

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I am fairly new in diving and I am looking for my first wrist dive computer. I have been looking at some of the posts and online reviews, and (I think) I have narrowed down my choices to the D4i, Geo 2 and Manta. I dived with the D4i once and so far liked its features. I haven't tried the other 2 computers but my quick research show good reviews on them (plus they are cheaper than the D4i). Can anyone help me decide and provide pros and cons of these three? Please feel free to suggest others also.

Cheers!

I have a suunto and a geo, the suunto is more conservative (whether that's a problem only you can answer). I can't remember if the D4i has a user replaceable battery, if not then I would go for the Geo for sure.

Having said that, my wet mode on my geo went after less than two years, if I don't remember to put the comp in dive mode it won't start the dive, even if I'm 20 mins into the dive. I use it as a backup to my suunto.

I would stick with Suunto products even though they are slightly more conservative. Had a number of Mantas and Atoms fail on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom