Suunto D4i Hwerr:009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starting to happen to ours as well! Does anyone know what that error code refers to? Is the depth sensor?

Yes. It’s the depth sensor. Must be replaced by Suunto. I would mark the new ones sent to you by them so that you can ID them.

It's just happened to my Vyper. It's only around 2 years old. I'm not sure if it's still under warranty, but it's DEFINITELY being shipped back to Suunto. I want a replacement. This is unacceptable. I paid over £300 for this dive computer and I expect much more than 2 years of use (and I've VERY careful with my equipment). Until now, I've recommended Zoops to new divers, despite the online reports I've heard about them. I will not be doing this from now on. (PS. I tried taking out the battery and doing a 4 button press factory reset. Both failed to fix the problem).

Attachments

• Vyper Error Messsage.JPG
    Vyper Error Messsage.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 601
It's just happened to my Vyper. It's only around 2 years old. I'm not sure if it's still under warranty, but it's DEFINITELY being shipped back to Suunto. I want a replacement. This is unacceptable. I paid over £300 for this dive computer and I expect much more than 2 years of use (and I've VERY careful with my equipment). Until now, I've recommended Zoops to new divers, despite the online reports I've heard about them. I will not be doing this from now on. (PS. I tried taking out the battery and doing a 4 button press factory reset. Both failed to fix the problem).

That computer is kaput. No amount of tinkering will revive it. It has the "Depth Sensor Failed" message. SUUNTO will replace it.

Hello fellow Suunto users. I recently jumped in the water for a current check and my ZOOP NOVO went nuts, it started showing random depths and beeping because it detected rapid ascends. Presumably it was the pressure sensor.

After leaving it rest for a few hours it stopped showing depths and went back to clock mode. I clicked mode button to enter dive mode and it went nuts again.

After a while it showed the infamous HWERR009 message. I tried holding all 4 buttons together, then a 'wait' message prompted but it went back to HWERR009 after a while. Also tried to remove and replace the battery to force a reset but it still shows the same HWERR009 message.

I checked with local repair shop in Male, Maldives. Apparently also they know this as a common issue and they fix it by changing the pressure sensor. They also said that sometimes this is fixed by doing a reset with all 4 buttons or removing and replacing battery (from what I've read in previous messages this might just work on the predecessor model, the zoop).

They charge 98 USD for this service, cheaper than a new dive computer but I'm worried this will happen again in a couple of years. My Zoop Novo has around 550h of diving in 3 years.

The only reason I use this Zoop Novo is because you can easily change the battery yourself (as long as you have that star shaped screwdriver) and you can know what time it is during the dive. Other basic dive computer don't have this feature). I know the mares smart also tells you what time it is but you have to press a button once or twice. In the Suunto you can set it up so that it shows the time by default.

If anyone can recommend a dive computer that shares this features but that is more reliable, I'd appreciate it.

KR

This happened to me too last week - after a battery replacement before dive, I got a 'replace battery' message, which was strange enough, but when I wanted to set the computer to dive mode, the display changed to hwerr:009, and stuck there for hours. I tried pressing all four buttons, as the thread suggested, but nothing happened. So I ended up in a repair shop, where a battery replacement seemingly solved the issue, I had no problems in the following dives.

This seems really annoying, and I have no idea what could possibly cause that to happen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom