Suunto D3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freind uses one very nice if you give O2 mix it gives po2 as well as freediving functions

I agree with bengiddins. Way too expensive for a B/T. Uwatec bottom timer is $135 give or take.

Phil

boomx5 once bubbled...
Has anybody used the Suunto D3 yet. I'm thinking about getting one for a bottom timer and would like some feed back.:)

yup I'm using the D3 as a bottom timer. Initially got it as a backup for my Vyper, but now it's become my primary timer. :D

Excellent stuff, has a countdown / countup timer which my other computer Vyper doesnt, allows u to input ur PO2 and O2 mix, so it calculates ur MOD and warns u if u exceed it.

As for price wise, i got a very good deal on it here in Singapore. Was shopping for a watch as well as my old one konked out, so settled on the D3 :)

MechDiver once bubbled...
Way too expensive for a B/T. Uwatec bottom timer is $135 give or take.
It is 1/2 the price of the Stinger that I sue for a B/T depth gauge.
And if it had been available I probably would have bought it instead of the Stinger because I don't need the computer part.... but sure do like the count up timer (like filtered mentioned.)

I will probably get one as a back up.

What's the count-up timer - start at zero and count seconds passed? So when your three minute safety stop is up, it says 3:00?

(haven't owned a digital watch since I was 5)

bengiddins once bubbled...
What's the count-up timer - start at zero and count seconds passed?
The large numbers in the center of the display are the bottom time... when you press the upper left button (also puts a marker on the download) the center changes to 0:00 and starts counting up. We push this as we start our ascent since it is easier to time stops and the movement between stops. Say for example we are starting at 70fsw on 50% for 3 minutes... we push the button and at 3:00 move on up to 60fsw and should be there at 3:15~3:20 again moving on to 50fsw at 4:00 ect.

It is much easier timing stops this way.

doesnt the Stinger have the countup function as well??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom