Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leonardo Sarmiento

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all! I have a Suunto Cobra 3 and just bought the QR. Installing it next to the regulator is a breeze, but I will like to have it next to the computer. When I tried, the piece will not screw all the way in.
Any ideas what can be wrong?

Thx in advance!

Correct, connecting to first stage scrwues all the way in. But make in it to the Cobra it doesn't screw all the way.
Thx Tbar for answering!

My view of the diagram is the computer fits to the 'male' part with the grove irrespective of connecting to the 1st stage/hose and as such there can be no variation.

The variation is if connecting to the 1st stage a 'spool' is not used and it must screw in so the o-ring can seal. If connection to a hose the spool is used and the hose is 'snugged' up in the Q-connector, the spool provides the seal.

upload_2017-3-17_11-52-5.png

My view of the diagram is the computer fits to the 'male' part with the grove irrespective of connecting to the 1st stage/hose and as such there can be no variation.

The variation is if connecting to the 1st stage a 'spool' is not used and it must screw in so the o-ring can seal. If connection to a hose the spool is used and the hose is 'snugged' up in the Q-connector, the spool provides the seal.

View attachment 401298
Thx so much! The eng that goes to the hose sims to be fine, but the side that goes to the computer trust doesn't screw all the way in. Please see the pic showing how it looks.

Thx again for your attention!

Attachments

• IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 138
In the last pic, I'm supposed to leave that soool that is originally like that or should I remove it?

Thx again!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 153
Hi
I think that you do not use the Spool on the computer end, it is likely interfering. The o-ring near the computer will do the sealing.

The spool should pull out of the computer.

Remove the spool from the computer. It is used ONLY when one has a swivel connection (i.e. if connecting it direction to the hose.)

Done and working well, I posted pictures of the result.
Thx so much Tbar and Scared for the help!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 150
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back