SUUNTO COBRA INTERFACE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CATHY BENTO

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Suunto Cobra computer with the Dive Manager. My home PC reconizes that I am using the Com 1 port, but when I connect to the Cobra computer the dive manager

Transfer of the profile memory timed out.
Ensure that your dive computer is in the transfer mode, clean the contacts and try again.

No matter what I do, I get the same message. Can anyone help me?

Just connecting the interface doesn't do it. You have to push the buttons and get it into Transfer mode. Have you done that?

A friend of mine just had this same trouble because he wasn't setting the Cobra correctly. Here's the buttons to push to get it into transfer mode, taken directly from the help section of Suunto's Dive Manager.

Mode once - Turns computer on, then
Mode once - Enter menu, then
Time once - Enter memory mode, then
Mode once - Select memory mode, then
Time 3 times - Enter TR - PC mode, then
Mode once - Select TR - PC mode

HTH
Dee

Originally posted by Dee
A friend of mine just had this same trouble because he wasn't setting the Cobra correctly. Here's the buttons to push to get it into transfer mode, taken directly from the help section of Suunto's Dive Manager.

Mode once - Turns computer on, then
Mode once - Enter menu, then
Time once - Enter memory mode, then
Mode once - Select memory mode, then
Time 3 times - Enter TR - PC mode, then
Mode once - Select TR - PC mode

HTH
Dee

Thanks Dee, it worked. I was forgetting the last step. Thanks again

Originally posted by Newhampster
Just connecting the interface doesn't do it. You have to push the buttons and get it into Transfer mode. Have you done that?

After reading Dee's reply I was able to get it to work.

What is your overall rating of your piece of equipment? Im looking into buying an integrated console/computer and am looking into various models, including the Suunto Combos.

I've found the Suunto Cobra manager to be a great dive log. After you've entered the information the computer doesn't record (which is easier than the average dive log) you can print it out, put it in a 3-ring binder and have a very detailed and easy to read record of each dive. It's certainly worth the $150.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom