Surprise Nevis Trip! Need Photo & Dive Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZAquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got the great news that my sister won a trip with her company to Nevis! She's allowed a guest and has invited me! What luck, right?

I was hoping that some of you might have first hand experience in that region of the Caribean and might give me some pointers about photography there. For instance; what dive sites to visit, what lenses and film I should take on what dives, etc.

Thanks for any advice you have.... Here's a list of the equipmnet I have to choose from:

Nikonos V
35mm lens
extension tubes for 35mm
15mm lens
Aquatica Aqualens dome port with 16mm fisheye

Nikon CoolPix digital and CP-4 Fantasea Housing

So, most of my photo experience is in cold murky waters but I have done a few Caribiean and Hawaii trips. It would be great to hear from folks who have dove the region and might suggest what types of subject matter I'm likely to encounter so I can choose the right camera, lens, and film for the right dive :)

Thanks a million!!!

Anyone familiar with that area? I've dove Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica, and Cozumel, but never anywhere near Nevis. Just curious about what type of creatures I might encounter, what creatures are unique to the area, etc.

Back
Top Bottom