Surface interval activities in Lembeh/Bunaken?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

song

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
counting down to our first Indo trip next month. 5 days on Bunaken then another week on Lembeh. Yes, we will try to do as many night dives as possible.

Besides lounging by the pool with a Bitang, which above-water activites are worthwhile diversions? Volcano trekking? Nature preserve? Village visits? Inquiring minds wanna know. Thanks for all the help.

There is great late afternoon snorkeling along the shore in Bunakan - I was behind Living Colors resort. Also some "resorts" such as Living Colors and Lorenzo have live music some nights. It's also fun to visit the little local village on Bunakan. Worth exploring a bit.

Lemebeh resorts are more isloated and it's all about diving, although I believe some resorts have paths that you can hike on but the diving is so amazing that's where I spent all my time ;-).

If you want to sweat off a few pounds then trekking around Indonesia would do it, the heat and humidity can be quite stifling.
We would recommend either white water rafting or culture tour from Manado, both can be done in a day.
Check out Manadotours.com

Honestly I agree with Kathydee , there are so much to dive or snorkel on Bunaken for 5 days even if you do 3-4 dives per day that no time/need to take any mainland trips. Only if some health problems occur and can't dive. Have a great trip!

Not much you can do during surface interval, but if you have one day, it is worth to have one day trip to Tomohon highland. You can rent a car with driver for USD 50 excl. petrol.
Visit tomohon tradional market for bizzare food - too bad was closed when we visited on Sunday; go up to beautiful Bukit kasih (love hill)
bukit_kasih.jpg

With a church for retreat
Tomohon-flower_city_w_church_and_mt.jpg

Stop by at the restaurant on Tondano lake, and enjoy this for less than USD 7 per portion - fresh from the lake.
crayfish2.jpg

Yummy ....5 portions gone easily
mayang_crayfish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom