Surf Fur for Galapagos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aubie

Registered
Reaction score
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
# of dives
100 - 199
Given the colder water temps, especially this time of year (Aug/Sep), when you get out of the water and on the panga are you typically cold or do you warm up quickly since the air temperature is usually warmer than the water?

I am thinking of getting a Surf Fur, but wasn't sure if I should get the parka (longer coat) or just the hoodie. The hoodie seems to make most sense between dives. Would it be a good idea to also get the parka and keep that on the panga to put on as soon as the dive is over and on the way back to the boat?

Appreciate any advice / opinion.

I have the parka and have no regrets.

Hi @Paul Crane

I visited end of April, 2018 Trip Report - Galapagos Aggressor III April 26-May 3, 2018

Water temperatures were highly variable, from low 60s to mid 70s, I wore a full 7 mm, usually with a 5/3 hooded vest. I was fine, many divers with less exposure protection were cold. You will not be taking any extra clothing, jacket or parka, on the panga. I had a light fleece jacket on the boat, don't recall if I ever used it

Hi @Paul Crane

I visited end of April, 2018 Trip Report - Galapagos Aggressor III April 26-May 3, 2018

Water temperatures were highly variable, from low 60s to mid 70s, I wore a full 7 mm, usually with a 5/3 hooded vest. I was fine, many divers with less exposure protection were cold. You will not be taking any extra clothing, jacket or parka, on the panga. I had a light fleece jacket on the boat, don't recall if I ever used it

Thanks. So nobody brings a parka on the panga because nobody thought about it, didn't need it, or wasn't allowed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom