Supliers for HID balasts and Bulbs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jefffalcone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anybody know where i can buy HID balasts and bulbs. I've been searching around on the web, but I can't seem to find anything. I'd prefer to use Brightstar, because their balasts are more efficient.

onlybatteries.com
batteryspace.com
lightbulbsdirect.com

At Battery space, you can actually buy the Salvo canisters right there ready to go.

Thanks for the help Jim, but none of these sites sell ballasts of bulbs that would be appropriate for dive lights.

Cool. These trailtech lights seem affordable. Do you know who makes their bulbs and ballasts? Do the bulbs stand up to being knocked around a bit? How much do they charge for replacement parts? I didn't see any replacement parts on their website.

The 10W bulbs/ballasts are Welch Allen - they all come from the same source. I don't know where the 30W come from, but I'd guess WA as well.

They're as durable as any HID, and from my experience it's all in the packaging. The same 10W lamp that keeps getting bashed in one head will last forever in another. These Trail Tech lamps mount the bulbs in a rubber grommet that looks like a great shock absorber, but I just use the guts in existing U/W heads.

They don't quote spares, but if you've ordered a lamp they'll sell them to you at roughly half the price of the lamp for both bulb and ballast ($50 each for the 10W) plus shipping.

ageddiver:
Trail Tech http://trailtech.net/single_lights.html is the best source I've found. You'll have to buy a complete light first buy, but then they'll sell you individual replacement parts. I've found I can buy the light containing bulb and ballast here for about the same price as others will charge you for either alone.

Actually, you do not have to first buy a full light. I called them and asked for just replacement parts and they sold me them with no questions asked. For the 30w though its almost the same price as a full light.

go check out the hid dive light group on yahoo, hiddivelight, or the msn diy divelight group, I bought some from a guy there, excellent deal, you will save about $20 over the trail tech site for the same bulbs & ballasts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom