Super, long term storage of a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBailey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
With my upcoming purchase of a drysuit, my 7 mil farmer-john will be retired. I don't want to get rid of it (yet), since if I need to send the drysuit in for repairs during the dive season, then I can pull my custom altered 7 mil out of retirement.

I live in an apartment which will impact the storage method, but any suggestion is welcome.

Hey I know... get a mannequin to hang your wetsuite on.

Seriously, maybe just hang it on a wetsuit hangers.

I used to have mine hanging in the walk in closed with my 'normal' clothes. Then one day someone asked me what the smell on my clothes was.. I hadn't noticed but after they mentioned it I did. Anything hanging close to the wetsuit smelled like neoprene. I didn't mind, but others did. So now it's hanging in the spare room closet.

So now when I ask you "how's it hanging?" you'll know what I'm talking about, right?

DBailey:
With my upcoming purchase of a drysuit, my 7 mil farmer-john will be retired. I don't want to get rid of it (yet), since if I need to send the drysuit in for repairs during the dive season, then I can pull my custom altered 7 mil out of retirement.

I live in an apartment which will impact the storage method, but any suggestion is welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom