Sunshine and current with Bandito Charters 06.18.06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We had a great day with Bandito, but boy the currents was ripp'in. On the surface it was not to bad, but below 30' the kelp was horizontal. I have muscles in my calfs that I did not even know I had. Hey... we got wet, we are in the PNW/Puget sound, and were breathing compressed air.... nothing is better then that.... :D :D :D

Got a few pictures to share. We were on Z's reef for the second dive and Sunshine for the first. Average depth was 60' and bottom time was 30 monutes. Hope the guy's on the boat from out of town had a good time. Hope all from the boat enjoy the pictures.

Till next I post again......

Tim

Here is the Link to the slide show....
http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Nr7Zd3XK

I suspect you mean Sunrise, not Sunshine ... :wink:

Cheng and I had a nice dive with Calvin Tang this morning at TTN ... and the current was definitely stronger than we had anticipated. We had quite a kick into the current for about 35 minutes ... then did a drift back to our entry (didn't even bother to kick) in about 14 minutes ... nice dive, though ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Fun pictures. I love Zee's Reef. Each time I've been there, we've had a very entertaining dive.

We had fun today -- dove with rjack and his wife off their little Zodiac. Four people, three singles rigs and a twinset made for a boatful, but the little craft did a yeoman's duty and got us to a sunken barge off Shilshole which was a very pleasant dive. We had a little current, but not much at 10 a.m.. The second dive was an attempt to find a rock reef off Boeing Creek. Peter and I didn't find it, but wandered around exploring kelp beds and anemone clusters, managing to scare up a gratifying amount of sea life, of which Peter took pictures. There was virtually no surface current there, but at 30 feet, it was moving.

What a great area we live in, that within about an hour and half's drive, we could have three groups of people doing such lovely dives!

It is sunrise isn't it..... That current really took it out of me.

Bob,

It was nice to see you on Saturday a TTN.

Been a while.

Mike...

Good to see you too Mike ... how'd the dive go. Did the current die down any? Or were you part of that scooter class (in which case the current wouldn't really matter)?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was on the other boat that day - on the certification dive. We went to Z's and then headed over to the Barges. For a certification dive, I don't think it could have been better. Bandito Charters was great, the visibility was awesome, and the currents died down enough for us to enjoy our newbie dives. I even got to see a huge seal down there at the barges. Awesome day!!!

sandman98007:
Hope all from the boat enjoy the pictures.

Great pictures. Mike and I had a great time with Bandito and a similar trip on Saturday.

The current was almost nil at the start of the first dive but after 45 minutes it was flowing pretty good. I was ok (thank the lord for biofins :wink: ), but it was a lot easier to hover behind a rock out of the current for the safety stop.

It was my first time on Z's reef. A very enjoyable dive. We loaded up with steel 72's and dinked around at about 55 ft or so. I was thrilled to see my very first pacific octopus wedged deep in a crevice at 60 ft. I know it seems hard to believe but it's the first I've seen in 20 PNW dives (including 4 dives to the somewhat incorrectly named Octopus Hole).

I was beginning to think I was exceptionally dull or unlucky (please don't suggest which you think it is...)

Also on the plus side I saw a pair of wolf eels but they were just hanging out and didn't come out to play as I have been told they sometimes do.

No gear failures or problems and my self built canister light worked beautifully. http://groups.msn.com/Divelight/canisterlightezlighthead.msnw

Overall a great day with a nice bunch of fellow divers and of course Captain Rick and his excellent crew.

Don't feel bad, Bradshi, I think I had 50 or more dives here before I saw an octopus. And the only reason I saw those is that Bob pointed them out to me. They are good hiders.

It looks like you folks all had a good time.
I'm going to be in Seattle at the begining of August and should have a free day. I've always wanted to dive there. What is the water temp. like in the Sound this time of year ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom